We are over the moon to say the we are recruiting for a paid post.
This is your chance to join a tiny, innovative and award-winning community charity that is making a real difference to Newham families and under fives.
We are looking for someone sensational to help in our back office.
Home based. 2 day a week. six month contract on review. Computer provided.
See the Job description here: admiin-assistant-jd-1
Please note, unfortunately as a small team we have no capacity to train someone on the essentials of this post, so do not apply unless you are already able to fulfil the job brief and you would be confident in doing so with minimal direction.
Application deadline noon December 1st.
Email us your CV and a single page letter to let us know how you feel you fit the role.
Salary on application.
Start date ASAP.
Two full day a week equivalent (choose your own hours, work from home, computer provided.)
Jane Williams Founder The Magpie Project.
6 month contract to be reviewed/renewed dependent on funding.
Hours 14 hours a week
- Work closely with the Manager/founder to undertake administrative tasks essential to the project.
- Organise basic banking and treasury roles.
- Organise registers, attendance, volunteer attendance records.
- File all correspondence regarding funding and partnership agreements.
- Organise referrals in to and out of the project.
- Organise applications for and distribution of grants on behalf of service users.
- Data-entry, managing service user database, running reports.
- Updating and managing accounts on Xero accounting software.
- With guidance undertake monthly bank balance reconciliations.
- Help timetable activities.
- Help diarising meetings and training.
- Willing to work within strict GDPR guidelines.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to within the project.
- Liaise with potential volunteers and donors regarding clothes donations.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Confidence in basic bookkeeping and financial management in a community or charity setting.
- Able to work alone,
- Accurate and fast,
- Used to managing and organising competing deadlines
- Able to work within existing safeguarding, health and safety, and equality policies.
You skills and qualifications will include:
- Previous experience in administration in a charity, local authority or community setting.
- Extremely proficient working with
- Microsoft Office including – Word, Excel, Doodle, Outlook, and remote servers,
- First class book-keeping skills, using accounting software including Xero.
- Knowledge preparing information for annual accounts.
- Abililty to adapt and take on tasks in a small team and a fast moving environment.
- Community contacts and knowledge a bonus.
- Willing to undergo training once a term and supervision and support on an ongoing basis.
- Willing to communicate openly with all volunteers and staff.
- Commitment to doing an exemplary job in a task-focused and self-motivating way.
- Working closely with the project founder of this award winning innovative charity at an exciting time in its development.
- Work within a small team, friendly, open and fun, which is making a massive difference to marginalised families.
- Being part of true change that will be visible to you from the first few weeks.