Thank you for considering donating items to our baby and clothes banks. Beleive us we understand the urge to declutter, to get rid of unwanted things out of the house but we would very politely ask you to consider the following before donating to us:
- Please check the items we do and do not accept on the list below.
- For each item please consider: Would you offer this to a beloved godchild, grandchild, niece or nephew in it as it is, if not then please don’t give it to our beloved minis.
- If your item ‘just needs a good wash’ or ‘it just needs mending’ please note that neither our mums nor our organisation has the capacity to do this. If you do, please do this before you donate the item.
- When you have sorted your donations – do another sort, pick the top 25% and give that to us. The rest please donate to another organisation which is better placed to deal with quantities of materials for recycling rather than use. For example we love TRAID.
Please be considerate when donating.
During lockdown took us 3 days and 40 bin bags to get rid of ‘donations’ that were not of a standard that we felt we could pass on.
Please, just do a final check and ask yourself, would I gift this to my best friend’s child.
We are unable to accept:
- Furniture (no cots, travel cots, bedside cots, chairs, beds, sofas, tables please).
- Electrical items (for insurance and safety we cannot take anything that plugs in!)
- Adult size bedding
- Men’s clothes
- Toys (of any kind thank you)
- Baby baths/steps/bath seats
- Second hand books (we are lucky enough to get lots of new books to give our minis)
- Second hand shoes (we are worried about our minis precious feet).
We would very much welcome
- Nappies (especially sizes 6 and 7)
- Warm, as-new coats for mums or children
- AS NEW clothes for children under 6.
- AS NEW clothes for women (especially maternity clothes).
- AS NEW pregnancy pillows.
- New gloves, scarves, hats
- New toothpaste, soap, shower gels, toiletries
- New socks
- Buggies – clean and working please. (especially Maclaran-style or double buggies).
DONATION DROP OFF:
Forest Lane Lodge,
Forest Lane Park,
TERM TIMES Mondays and Wednesdays 10 til 2pm
Please don’t drop off at Kay Rowe Nursery any more.