The Magpie Project is bidding to bag a massive cash boost from the Tesco Bags of Help initiative. Tesco teamed up with Groundwork to launch its community funding scheme, which sees grants of up to £4,000, up to £2,000 and £1,000 raised from carrier bag sales in Tesco stores awarded to local community projects.
The Magpie Project is one of three groups in the Newham region to be shortlisted to receive the cash award.
BUT HERE IS WHERE YOU COME IN! Shoppers are being invited to head along to Tesco stores to vote for who they think should take away the top grant.
Alec Brown, Head of Community at Tesco, said:
“We are absolutely delighted to open the voting for January and February. There are some fantastic projects on the shortlists and we can’t wait to see these come to life in hundreds of communities.”
For our part, here at Magpie we are really excited about being chosen to compete for funding. It is a wonderful opportunity for us to gain much needed money that will go straight to supporting East London’s most vulnerable mums and children.
Voting is open in all Tesco stores throughout January and February. Vote using a token given to you at the check-out in store each time you shop.
- EAST HAM HI ST TESCO EXPRESS E6 3PA
- EAST HAM KATHERIN TESCO EXPRESS E7 8LT
- FOREST GATE TESCO EXPRESS E7 8AF
- GALLIONS REACH TESCO EXTRA E6 7FB
- GREEN GATE TESCO EXPRESS E13 9EZ
- LONDON UPTON PARK TESCO EXPRESS E6 1PU
- MANOR PARK LON TESCO EXPRESS E12 5JY
- PILGRIMS WAY EHAM TESCO EXPRESS E6 1HT
- STRATFORD TESCO EXPRESS E15 4EH
- UPTON PARK TESCO METRO E13 9AP
- WOODGRANGE RD FOREST GATE TESCO EXPRESS E7 0QH
To check the location of any of the above stores, please go to the tesco website here:
Please share with all your friends and family, let’s win the £4,000 for our wonderful Magpie Mums and Minis.